At GOPA Com. we develop bespoke communication strategies and offer an individual service tailored to meet the very specific needs of our clients. This allows us to effectively tell your story and get your message across.
We make sure to keep up to date with the latest trends in communication industry innovation, so that you, our clients, have access to state-of-the-art communications solutions and applications. We offer a full range of services, from preparatory research and insight, to strategy development and implementation, and monitoring and assessment, ensuring that all your communications needs are efficiently met.
What we are looking for
We are currently looking for a Bid Manager to join our New Biz Service.
- The Bid Manager is responsible for planning the tender and setting its strategic approach, with a specific focus on the technical part.
- The Bid Manager acts as a central point for the tendering team by coordinating (planning, booking, briefing, meeting) and managing (revisions, feedback, support, troubleshooting) both internal and external resources.
- The Bid Manager supervises and coordinates the tendering process, from admin to technical and financial submission. S/he is also in charge of the subsequent clarifications or negotiations that may arise as part of the process.
- The Bid Manager, in particular, guarantees that the bid coordinators, admin coordinators, consortium partners and subcontractors, services/operations contributors and any other external support shall produce their input on time and in conformity with the expected quality and the agreed scope of the tender. S/he will also manage the team by encouraging team spirit and a healthy, sustainable and balanced work environment.
What will you do:
Lead the bid coordination
- List, plan, allocate and assign responsibilities to internal and external resources (operations, services and finance teams, freelancers with specific expertise, partners, subcontractors and suppliers)
- Brief, coordinate and follow up on resources’ inputs
- Report regularly to the Business Development Director
- Support the consortium set-up
- Inform operations, service heads and the HR manager about proposed team members
- Debrief and provide constructive feedback during and after bid submission
- Organise hand-over if the contract is awarded
Lead the bid writing
- Develop and validate the outline of the technical offer
- Coordinate and revise experts’ inputs
- Support the bid writing process
- Perform technical quality checks
- Ensure regular checks by the Business Development Director and Business Development Manager
Contribute to bid’s administrative part
- Check admin requirements
- Select, supervise, validate and approve references and CVs
- Liaise with the administrative coordinator
Contribute to bid’s financial part
- Support budget preparation
- Support budget negotiation
- Prepare budget for validation by the Business Development Director before tender submission
Keep Business Development Team future-proof and continually improve its efficiency
- Train, advise, give constructive feedback to bid coordinators
- Develop, collect information and analyse bid and bid outcome, debrief and share with resources
- Motivate and lead the team and resources, encouraging a healthy, sustainable and balanced work environment
- Encourage team spirit, personal development and involvement in projects and company business
- Have 5-10 years’ work experience in a public-sector environment
- Be fluent in written and spoken in English and French
- Be stress resistant
- Be curious and eager to learn
- Be accurate and have a strong eye for detail
- Show common sense in your approach to work
- Be resilient and able to work to short deadlines and handle changing priorities
- Be an excellent negotiator, highly organized, efficient and persuasive
- Like a challenge and be able to work on several projects at the same time
- Understand how bids are evaluated in a public-sector environment
- Understand how price to win is developed with regard to European Commission proposals
- A chance to help shape Europe’s future.
- A work environment defined by teamwork, flexibility and open communication.
- Independent work and contribution of own ideas.
- A hybrid, full-time position in a growing, international agency.
- Regular training, frequent team-building and further education.
We look forward hearing from you!
We will be in touch with you very shortly.