GOPA Com. is a communications agency based in Brussels working for the EU Institutions and their Agencies.
At GOPA Com. we offer intelligence consulting and fully inclusive communication services to European institutions to facilitate their engagement with citizens. As an agency we bridge Europeans through a flexible approach which prioritises tailor made service offerings over generic one-size fits all solutions.
What we are looking for
GOPA Com. is actively looking for a content strategist to work intra-muros on social media campaigns for the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Communication (DG COMM). If you have social media experience and are interested in working at the heart of the EU’s communications efforts, we look forward to hearing from you.
As a content strategist, you will join the social media team at DG COMM, where you will develop a content strategy to achieve the objectives set down in the overarching communication plan, oversee content creation, manage the editorial calendar and ensure timely publication of content.
Tasks will include:
- managing and feeding the editorial calendar for social media activities;
- liaising with Commission departments, replying to queries and briefing the social media team members about different Commission initiatives;
- updating the WIKI that hosts social media copies and assets and advising Commission departments on how to make the best use of this repository;
- proposing creative ways for how to cover different topics on the social media channels of the Commission;
- managing the functional mailbox of the social media team and distributing tasks to team members – under supervision of the team leader;
- managing the content calendar and posting on social media platforms on behalf of the European Commission;
- preparing internal meetings with social media experts in the Commission including drafting agendas, creating surveys, etc.
We would like to hear from you if you are / have:
- organised, with experience in project management;
- excited about working for the EU;
- digitally-savvy and a versatile team player;
- experience in managing communication projects;
- social media experience
What we offer:
- a 1-year contract;
- competitive salary;
- the opportunity to work on interesting projects in the EU context;
- a meaningful role in a multicultural environment giving you the ability to influence EU communication;
- a diverse, open and collaborative working environment.