GOPA Com. is a leading insight and communications partner for the European Institutions. At GOPA Com., we develop bespoke communication strategies and offer an individual service tailored to meet the very specific needs of our clients, allowing us to tell their stories to great effect.
We make sure to keep up to date with the latest trends in the communication industry, to ensure that our clients have access to state-of-the-art communications solutions and applications. GOPA Com. offers a full range of services, from preparatory research and insight, to strategy development and implementation, to monitoring and assessment.
Our diverse and multi-lingual team of professionals combines youthful dynamism with mature insight to provide our clients with effective communications campaigns and products that deliver on target and on time. With 70 staff covering 17 nationalities, we are a truly international team with a global outlook.
Editor Copy Writer
What we are looking for
We are currently looking for an Editor Copywriter to be based at the Joint Research Centre (JRC) in Ispra (Italy).
The succesful candidate will be supporting the JRC communication related to its Copernicus and KCEO activities in coordination with and supervision by JRC staff responsible for the portfolio and project, especially in keeping information up to date, creating tailored communication and outreach materials and providing timely exemplified evidence and updates linked to specific environmental/political situations.
What will you do:
- Creating, editing, and initiating texts for feature stories or articles on the JRC Copernicus CLMS-Global and KCEO activities, to be published on the relevant websites;
- Preparing Frequently Asked Questions sections for topics covered by the JRC CLMS-Global and KCEO activities, which can be used as basis for replying to journalist questions especially related to specific environmental/political situations;
- Coordination of the production of communication material (short videos, leaflets, factsheets, user documentation) on/for the CLMS-Global and KCEO activities;
- Prepare short policy briefs, 2-4 pages, based on more substantive reports from CLMS-Global, the KCEO and output from the JRC EO4Policy Portfolio;
- Maintaining and further improving communication aspects related to the relevant Copernicus services websites in view of improving the user uptake;
- Liaising and coordinating with the relevant Copernicus communication activities at DG DEFIS (in coordination with relevant contractors from DG DEFIS);
- Providing support on the organization of technical user group meetings for the Copernicus uptake organized by CLMS, KCEO and DG DEFIS and participation (remotely) in those meetings;
- Taking care of the editing, layout and arrangement for printing of related Copernicus and KCEO policy reports.
You should have/be:
- 5 years of experience;
- Based in Ispra;
- Native English speaker;
- Editor with background knowledge in the field of environmental and earth observation sciences;
- Some social media experience would be useful;
- Excited about working for the EU;
- Motivated and a good team player.
What we offer:
- A meaningful job;
- A work environment defined by teamwork, flat hierarchies and open communication;
- Competitive salary;
- An international environment.
Please send your application by 14 March, 2023. We look forward to meeting you!
We will be in touch with you very shortly.