GOPA Com. is a leading insight and communications partner for the European Institutions. At GOPA Com., we develop bespoke communication strategies and tailor our services to meet the very specific needs of our clients. This allows us to tell their stories to great effect.
We make sure to keep up to date with the latest trends in the communication industry to ensure that our clients have access to state-of-the-art communications solutions and applications. GOPA Com. offers a full range of services, from preparatory research and insight, to strategy development and implementation, to monitoring and assessment.
Our diverse and multi-lingual team of professionals combines youthful dynamism with mature insight to provide our clients with effective communications campaigns and products that deliver on target and on time. With 70 staff covering 17 nationalities, we are a truly international team with a global outlook.
What we are looking for
We are currently looking for an Event Assistant to be based at the European Commission Representative Office in The Hague, Netherlands.
This person will support communication activities, provide support and assist the project team in charge of events.
The Representation and the EPLO work together in Europe House, the collective space were events take place from both institutions and external users. It is important that there is one person who is coordinating all these activities, and, as regards the joint activities of the Representation and the EPLO, someone who is responsible for developing and executing them.
What will you do:
- Organise events – conferences, seminars, debates, round table discussions, competitions, movie screenings and cultural / artistic events;
- Be responsible for booking and preparing the conference room and all the necessary equipment for all events taking place in the Europe House, including seating arrangements, technical equipment (laptop, interpretation equipment / earphones, projector, microphones, loudspeakers, air conditioning, water or speakers);
- The coordinator is also responsible for arranging the display on the ground floor and renewing the stock of publications / information material in the info point;
- Keep the events calendar of Europe House up to date;
- Actively participate in the development and execution of projects initiated by Europe House;
- Ensure that the logistics around events organised in Europe House run smoothly, by keeping in close contact with civil society organisations, partner organisations, caterers etc.
- Responding to phone calls and e-mails regarding the functioning and use of the Europe House facilities and forwarding questions to Rep and EPLO staff when needed or appropriate;
- Give presentations and/or run workshops if asked to do so by Rep/EPLO on various aspects of EU integration;
- Suggest texts for websites, folders, posters etc. about Europe House and its activities;
- Manage the content on the Europe House website;
- Create posts and events for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms used by the Representation and the EPLO (before, during and after Europe House activities);
- Manage a contact database and send invitations and speaking requests to (proposed) participants in EPS events.
You should have/be:
- Based in The Hague;
- Five years of experience in a similar role;
- Perfect knowledge of Dutch and English (spoken and written);
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills;
- The ability to be flexible;
- Motivated and a good team player.
What we offer:
- A meaningful job;
- A work environment defined by teamwork, flat hierarchies and open communication;
- Competitive salary.
Please send your application by 14 March, 2023. We look forward to meeting you!
We will be in touch with you very shortly.