GOPA Com. is a communications agency based in Brussels working for the EU Institutions and their Agencies.
At GOPA Com. we offer intelligence consulting and fully inclusive communication services to European institutions to facilitate their engagement with citizens. As an agency we bridge Europeans through a flexible approach which prioritises tailor made service offerings over generic one-size fits all solutions.
What we are looking for
We are currently looking for a Financial Controller who will link the Finance and Administration and Operations Departments to fulfil their mission by providing accurate financial data to the management team.
- Support the Operations Department for the financial follow-up of their projects;
- Build and monitor budgets for EC funded projects;
- Perform financial analysis and reporting on projects and accounts;
- Become “Maconomy Key User” (set up of budget, invoicing, invoice allocation, …)
- Assist in monthly closing and audits of projects and accounts;
- Generate and extract reliable data for the company management;
- Support in project administration (contract management – client/partner/subcontractor);
- Work under the supervision of Senior Financial Controller and the Director of Finance and Administration.
We would like to hear from you if you have most of the following to offer:
- Bachelor degree in Economics/Business Administration;
- Experience in monitoring/controlling budgets, ideally in an agency environment MS Office (good Excel skills);
- Fluent in English;
- Understanding and knowledge of the EU institutional world;
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable, team spirit;
- Self-motivated with excellent communication skills;
- Knowledge of ERP system (Maconomy or other) and accounting are added-values.
What we offer:
- A meaningful job and the chance to help shape Europe’s future;
- A work environment defined by teamwork, flat hierarchies, and open communication;
- Independent work and contribution of own ideas;
- A full-time position in a growing agency;
- Competitive salary;
- Regular training and further education;
- Long-term perspectives in a future-oriented company.