GOPA Com. is a communications agency based in Brussels working for the EU Institutions and their Agencies.
At GOPA Com. we offer intelligence consulting and fully inclusive communication services to European institutions to facilitate their engagement with citizens. As an agency we bridge Europeans through a flexible approach which prioritises tailor made service offerings over generic one-size fits all solutions.
What we are looking for
We are currently looking for a Senior Accountant who will help the Finance and Administration Department to fulfil his mission by providing accurate financial data to the management team.
- Be in charge from A to Z accounting according to the Belgian GAAP (booking, payments, invoicing, VAT (return, refunds, statistics), 281.50 , …);
- Assist in quarterly/monthly closure reporting;
- Assist in closings and audits;
- Support in HR management;
- Work under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration.
We would like to hear from you if you have most of the following to offer:
- Bachelor degree in Belgian accounting;
- At least 7 years’ experience in Belgian accounting;
- Understanding and knowledge of Belgian Accounting and Tax Law;
- Good knowledge of EU VAT system;
- Fluent in French and English;
- MS Office (good Excel skills);
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable, team spirit;
- Self-motivated with excellent communication skills;
- Understanding and knowledge of the EU institutional world;
- Knowledge of Maconomy ERP system, Isabel 6, SAM, ESS are added-values.
What we offer:
- A meaningful job;
- A work environment defined by teamwork, flat hierarchies, and open communication;
- Independent work and contribution of own ideas;
- A full-time position in a growing agency;
- Competitive salary;
- Regular training and further education;
- Long-term perspectives in a future-oriented company.