GOPA Com. is a communications agency based in Brussels working for the EU Institutions and their Agencies.
At GOPA Com. we offer intelligence consulting and fully inclusive communication services to European institutions to facilitate their engagement with citizens. As an agency we bridge Europeans through a flexible approach which prioritises tailor made service offerings over generic one-size fits all solutions.
What we are looking for
GOPA Com. is actively looking for a senior copywriter to work intra-muros on exciting communications campaigns for the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Communication (DG COMM). If you are an experienced writer and are interested in working at the heart of the EU’s communications efforts, then we look forward to hearing from you.
As senior copywriter, you will be responsible for crafting top-quality content for publication online and offline, with a particular focus on:
- Recovery from coronavirus: success stories
- Drafting 51 stories highlighting EU support for coronavirus recovery efforts.
- Preparatory work and research: liaising with DGs and external stakeholders to identify relevant projects; soliciting interviews, photos and videos from internal and external stakeholders.
- Website publication: working with web managers to compile, upload and review all assets prior to publication; monitoring and reviewing translation of all stories into 24 languages.
- Dissemination: creating dissemination toolkits for DGs, central social media team, representations, Europe Direct Information Centres, and other EU institutions, with social media posts, quotes and graphics; uploading stories to SMARP; producing dissemination reports using the Social Bakers social media analytical tool.
- Follow-up: drafting status updates and notes for senior management on the results of the communications action; preparation of PowerPoint presentations and speaking points for management about the action.
- The NextGenerationEU campaign
- Working with the B1 content team to review all creative assets and documents produced by the external contractor for the NextGenerationEU campaign, including social media posts, digital assets, strategy documents, and visual guidelines.
- Producing extensive written feedback to guide the development of the content for the campaign.
- Drafting copy for the editorial calendar, campaign website and digital assets.
- Drafting internal communications products, such as contributions to internal newsletters and articles on MyIntracomm.
- Producing campaign status updates, presentations and speaking points for management.
- Reviewing, editing and drafting content for the UEFA-EU video on climate action, including video scripts, key messaging, and taglines.
- Reviewing, editing and drafting copy for NextGenerationEU out-of-home campaign visuals.
- Drafting and editing copy for the NextGenerationEU campaign leaflet.
We would like to hear from you if you are / have:
- A native English speaker.
- Brussels based.
- Extensive experience in drafting high-quality copy to tight deadlines.
- Results oriented with a keen eye for detail.
What we offer:
- A long-term collaboration based in Brussels.
- Working on interesting projects within the EU context.
- A meaningful role in a multicultural environment giving you the ability to influence EU communication.
- A diverse, open and collaborative working environment.
- Flexible working organisation and contribution of own ideas.
- Competitive salary.
- Regular training and coaching opportunities.
We will be in touch with you very shortly.